Release Date: 8/05 (after maintenance)
Platforms: Xbox One, Windows 10, Steam
Countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Great Britain, United States
Give those arms a stretch after coming out of Cryo-sleep and make sure you don’t feel any lingering effects of corruption from your encounter with the Profound Darkness in Episode 3. About 2 years has passed, and Fleet Oracle has a new commander. Some oddly-behaving Arks have recently been spotted among the Ships, and Commander Ulc needs you to investigate to ensure they are who they say they are. She’s also tasked you with finding out if there’s any relation between the odd Arks and the recently discovered planet, Earth.
Under the new command, a few things have been added, and ARKS HQ wants to make sure you’re apprised of what to expect when Episode 4 arrives. Please keep your hands and arms inside the Gateway Ship, as we start off on a brief tour of the included content!
- Global access for an additional 33 countries
- Player Level cap increased to 80
- Photon Art and Technique Levels increased to 17
- New Skills available from Player Level 76 to 80
- Introduction of PvP in the BATTLE ARENA
- New PSO2 Friend List, separate from Xbox Live Friend List
- Character slot maximums have increased to 20
- New ARKS Missions
- Universal Ship for Battle Arena and Challenge Quests
- BONUS Quests for huge amounts of EXP, Meseta, and material items!
- New Seasonal Events
- New Alliance Quarters, including Tokyo, Battleship, and Lunar Surface
- Characters from the Anime series of Phantasy Star Online 2 will appear on the Ship, and can join your party after completing specific Client Orders!
- Exciting new Titles to earn
- New enemy types to challenge
- New quest types
- New areas to explore
- Preview your purchases in the Fresh Finds Shop
- Send your Material Items automatically to the Storehouse
- Season 6 of the Mission Pass
CRAFTING has finally come to PSO2! This will allow operatives to customize armor, Techniques, and Photon Arts! Crafting can be accessed via the Personal Terminal in your Personal Quarters or from the Mini-Room. Each crafting type will have a “Crafting Level,” which can be increased by completing Crafting Achievements. Increasing your level can impart bonus effects when crafting!
To summarize the benefits:
- Equipment Extension (Units) allows you to re-write the basic values of a Unit
- Customize the abilities, speed, and potency of Photon Arts
- Customize the potency, speed, number of hits, or range of Techniques
- Add a Timed Ability to a Unit, such as one that increases a recovery or attack power effect
- Dismantle unwanted items and receive the material items for crafting
- Daily Crafting Orders will arrive
- Receive Crafting Orders from other operatives
Odd Arks seems to have infiltrated Fleet Oracle, but is their purpose nefarious? Discover their origin while you explore the newly-discovered planet, Earth, and learn of the parallels between your home and Earth. New characters and old friends will join you on your quest to curtail the Falspawn and other hostile entities. You’ll battle new enemies–Phantasms–the manifested fear and dread of Earth’s citizens, comprised of “Aether” particles and able to move as dust on the wind.